My first M42 of the season

  • Paul Gordon
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2007

      Hi All,

      Well it was clear last night for a short period so managed to image M42 though not ideally placed yet quite low to the east of my Garden.

      http://www.madpc.co.uk/WO/M90/M42-11-11-2007b.jpg

      Taken through my Megrez 90 with my Canon EOS 400D

      6x 120 second exposures at ISO 800 stacked and processed through DeepSkyStacker.

      Regards,

      --

      Paul Gordon

      paul@...

      http://www.madpc.co.uk

    • Bernard Ferry
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2007
        Great image Paul. I especially like the contrast and detail you
        obtained with just 12 minutes exposure. You must have a pretty solid
        mount and good polar alignment for 120seconds of exposure! It must
        be great to have such a large CCD at your disposal. It certainly
        beets the FOV of my DSI Pro!

        Bernard

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >

        > Well it was clear last night for a short period so managed to
        image M42
        > though not ideally placed yet quite low to the east of my Garden.
        >

        > http://www.madpc.co.uk/WO/M90/M42-11-11-2007b.jpg
        >

        > Taken through my Megrez 90 with my Canon EOS 400D
        >
        > 6x 120 second exposures at ISO 800 stacked and processed through
        > DeepSkyStacker.
        >

        > Regards,
        >

        > --
        >
        > Paul Gordon
        >
        > paul@...
        >
        > http://www.madpc.co.uk

      • Paul Gordon
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2007
          Hi Bernard,
          Thanks for your kind comments...

          The HEQ5 mount is quite good and the Megrez 90 is forgiving enough for 2 min
          exposures: -

          http://www.madpc.co.uk/Pics/equipment/hardware.html

          I can manage 60 seconds with the OMC 250
          As for DSLR's, they are getting cheaper all of the time.
          I think the end of the range EOS 350D's are just under £300 now

          Regards,
          --
          Paul Gordon
          paul@...

          wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >

          > Well it was clear last night for a short period so managed to
          image M42
          > though not ideally placed yet quite low to the east of my Garden.
          >

          > http://www.madpc.co.uk/WO/M90/M42-11-11-2007b.jpg
          >

          > Taken through my Megrez 90 with my Canon EOS 400D
          >
          > 6x 120 second exposures at ISO 800 stacked and processed through
          > DeepSkyStacker.
          >

          > Regards,
          >

          > --
          >
          > Paul Gordon
          >
          > paul@...
          >
          > http://www.madpc.co.uk

          www.williamoptics.com www.williamopticsracing.com
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Paul Gordon
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 10, 2009
            Hi All,

            This is a quick process of my first real M42 of the season.
            This is 19x 3min exposures at ISO 800 and 10 x 3min Darks at ISO 800
            (I have some 20x 30 second exposures and some core work to do later)
            I'm fairly pleased with this.

            http://www.madpc.co.uk/Images/Latest-Images/FLT110/m42-10-12-2009.jpg

            taken through my WO FLT 110 F7 with my Canon EOS 1000D + AFR-IV f/R and LP
            Clip filter.
            (Guiding with my Megrez 72 & Atik 16-IC.)

            --
            Paul Gordon
            paul@...