Hutech LPSP48 IDAS mounting suggestings

  • Jim Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2003
      Mounting suggestions for the IDAS filter?

      I ordered the LPS IDAS filter today and selected the P48 size (2"). This is
      for use with a MX7-C or the new SXV-H9 Starlight camera.

      I am thinking I should have ordered the 1 1/4" as I am at a loss on how I
      will be mounting this filter (I assume it just screws in the inside threads
      of a 2" lense like other filters but how do I mount it to either the
      camera(s) or FLT110. My friend Jamie Flinn screws his into the end of his
      extender. What might be the optimum distance from the surface of the ccd?
      Should I be looking at an extender (televue with threaded bottom for more
      back focus)? Any advice would be very much'd welcomed.

      Jim Anderson
      Mississauga, Ontario