Imaging with FLT and 0.63x reducer

  • Paul K <pkane2001@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      Greetings,

      Last full moon, I conducted an experiment: a ccd image with FLT110
      and a Meade 0.63x focal reducer (meant for SCT use):

      http://pk.darkhorizons.org/images/flt/ros_41.jpg

      The camera was Starlight Xpress HX916, exposure of 30 minutes with
      IDAS LPS filter.

      There's a slight coma just beginning to be visible all the way at the
      very edges, but it's not very objectionable. It'll likely be a bigger
      problem with a larger chip or a 35mm frame.

      Clear skies,

      -Paul