Field flattener for ZS66

  • paperodicasa
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      I want to buy a field flattener for my ZS66 APO.

      After reading the old posts about this subject I'm still a little bit
      uncertain about which one is the best choice for THIS telescope.

      I understand that the WO FFII has a great deal of vignetting.

      Is the old WO FFI a good choice?

      Is it better to buy a WO FFIII or a Baader MPCC?

      Thank you
      Paolo
    • Craig Stark
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        I did tests on the MPCC, the WO v2 and v3 and have results up here:
        http://www.stark-labs.com/craig/WO66SD/WO66SD.html

        Craig

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "paperodicasa"
        <paolo.cosetti@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I want to buy a field flattener for my ZS66 APO.
        >
        > After reading the old posts about this subject I'm still a little bit
        > uncertain about which one is the best choice for THIS telescope.
        >
        > I understand that the WO FFII has a great deal of vignetting.
        >
        > Is the old WO FFI a good choice?
        >
        > Is it better to buy a WO FFIII or a Baader MPCC?
        >
        > Thank you
        > Paolo

      • paperodicasa
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Stark" <celstark@...>
          wrote:

          > I did tests on the MPCC, the WO v2 and v3 and have results up here:
          > http://www.stark-labs.com/craig/WO66SD/WO66SD.html
          >
          > Craig

          Craig,
          that's a really interesting page. Well done!
          Do I need a 2" adapter to use the Baader or the WOIII?

          Paolo