Re: Ordered my new WO 110mm refractor today- Paul

  • Paul K <pkane2001@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 13, 2003
      Hi Chris,

      No I don't use a binoviewer -- any visual observing in my area is
      pretty limited ;-(

      I'm guessing that the FLT should handle the binoviewer without a
      barlow. It's focus tube is very long. When fully drawn in, it starts
      out well inside the normal visual focus which should work well with a
      binoviewer. Of course, the only true test is under the stars ;)

      Good luck with your new scope,

      -Paul

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "bingsca <denturist89@a...>"
      <denturist89@a...> wrote:
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul K <pkane2001@h...>"
      > <pkane2001@h...> wrote:
      > > Chris, another possibility is to use two dovetail plates mounted
      on
      > > the C9.25 OTA -- one for mounting it onto G11 saddle plate and
      the
      > > other, on top, for mounting another scope, such as FLT110.
      > >
      > > When I use my 10" SCT, that's how I mount it onto my G11/Gemini.
      > This
      > > reduces the total weight by about 6-7 lbs that the side-by-side
      > plate
      > > and the male-to-male dovetail plate add to the equation.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > -Paul
      >
      > Hi Paul,
      >
      > Thanks for the tip, I will look into this type of set up. Do you
      use
      > a binoviewer and if so, do you know if it can reach focus without a
      > compensator (barlow). I have asked this question all over and no
      one
      > knows, so I am waiting for my WO110 to arrive and test it-
      hopefully
      > one more week only. I am using the TV bino viewer and it would be
      > great to view certain deepsky objects at 715mm focal length.
      >
      > Clear skies,
      >
      > Chris
      > Toronto
      > >
      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "bingsca
      <denturist89@a...>"
      > > <denturist89@a...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I have two ways of mounting my WO110mm.
      > > >
      > > > 1) On it's own using the DMM Losmandy dovetail plate attaching
      > the
      > > WO
      > > > rings to the DA also Losmandy.After attaching the OTA to the
      > > > dovetail, I will mount it to the Losmandy G11.
      > > >
      > > > 2)Mount both my WO110 and C9.25 S.C on my G11 using the
      Losmandy
      > > side
      > > > by side plate.
      > > >
      > > > #1 will be great for wide field ccd imaging and for visual
      > viewing.
      > > >
      > > > #2 will be great for visual viewing, but not sure yet if my
      mount
      > > can
      > > > handle this set up for ccd imaging. I was okay when I mounted
      my
      > > TV85
      > > > with the C9.25 for ccd, but the WO110 is about 6 Lbs more.
      > > >
      > > > BTW- My g11 mount has the gemini goto and it works excellent.
      > > >

      > > > Take care
      > > >
      > > > Chris Appleton
      > > > Toronto

      Terms

    • bingsca <denturist89@aol.com>
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 13, 2003
        <pkane2001@h...> wrote:
        > Hi Chris,
        >
        > No I don't use a binoviewer -- any visual observing in my area is
        > pretty limited ;-(
        >
        > I'm guessing that the FLT should handle the binoviewer without a
        > barlow. It's focus tube is very long. When fully drawn in, it
        starts
        > out well inside the normal visual focus which should work well with
        > binoviewer. Of course, the only true test is under the stars ;)
        >
        > Good luck with your new scope,
        >
        > -Paul

        Hi Paul,

        That gives me a good idea because the older 105mm had an extension
        tube and when on, the focusing point was racked way out for single
        eyepiece viewing. I mainly will use the bino for wide field viewing
        of M45, double cluster, lunar etc and higher power for planets and
        lunar. Your right the only way to know is to try it out and I should
        receive the scope by this Friday. I will post info on this topic of
        no barlow bino viewing with the WO110mm.

        Thanks for your time Paul

        Clear skies
        Chris
        Toronto