Re: Introduction...

  • baldeagleswordsman
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31 10:02 PM
      Ello Gov'nor,

      I knew we'd meet again. Welcome aboard!

      SteveC

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Ivan Gastaldo" <gastaldo@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello to all of you!
      >
      > I was invited to join this group, since I currently own a WO SD-66
      > and a WO 80 ED-II refractors... and posted some pics in the Cloudy
      > Nights Forums.
      >
      > My name is Ivan Gastaldo, and I'm a pretty active member/moderator
      of
      > Astromart, and also started being more active in CloudyNights...
      > besides other Yahoo! Astro Groups.
      >
      > I've been using the SD-66 for Astrophotography for a little while
      > now, mounted on top of a 10" LX-200GPS in Alt-Az, and posted some
      of
      > my pics here, in the IGastaldo Album, for the ones interested.
      >
      > It never ceases to amaze me the quality that these small scopes
      > have..., the fit & finish, the mechanics & the optics are top notch.
      >
      > I just acquired the Orion Atlas mount and the larger sibling
      > refractor, the 80mm ED-II, hoping to steer away from Alt-Az imaging
      > and get the longer exposures required for most faint DSOs.
      >
      > Of course, living here in South Florida, now in Summer Season, it
      > only means that I'll have to wait until Winter to get those clear,
      > cool & crips nights again... ;-)
      > Let's just hope this will be another quiet year, with no
      > Hurricanes... (Wilma left a very bad taste...)
      >

      > Thanks again for the invite, and clear skies to all!
      >

      > Ivan
      > 8-)

    • Ivan Gastaldo
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hello Mr.Sensitivity...
        Really glad to see you around here...

        Clear skies, my friend,

        Ivan
        8-)

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "baldeagleswordsman"
        <scouture@...> wrote:

        > Ello Gov'nor,
        >
        > I knew we'd meet again. Welcome aboard!
        >
        > SteveC
        >
        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Ivan Gastaldo" <gastaldo@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello to all of you!
        > >
        > > I was invited to join this group, since I currently own a WO SD-
        66
        > > and a WO 80 ED-II refractors... and posted some pics in the
        Cloudy
        > > Nights Forums.
        > >
        > > My name is Ivan Gastaldo, and I'm a pretty active
        member/moderator
        > of
        > > Astromart, and also started being more active in CloudyNights...
        > > besides other Yahoo! Astro Groups.
        > >
        > > I've been using the SD-66 for Astrophotography for a little while
        > > now, mounted on top of a 10" LX-200GPS in Alt-Az, and posted some
        > of
        > > my pics here, in the IGastaldo Album, for the ones interested.
        > >
        > > It never ceases to amaze me the quality that these small scopes
        > > have..., the fit & finish, the mechanics & the optics are top
        notch.

        > > I just acquired the Orion Atlas mount and the larger sibling
        > > refractor, the 80mm ED-II, hoping to steer away from Alt-Az
        imaging
        > > and get the longer exposures required for most faint DSOs.
        > >
        > > Of course, living here in South Florida, now in Summer Season, it
        > > only means that I'll have to wait until Winter to get those
        clear,
        > > cool & crips nights again... ;-)
        > > Let's just hope this will be another quiet year, with no
        > > Hurricanes... (Wilma left a very bad taste...)
        > >

        > > Thanks again for the invite, and clear skies to all!
        > >

        > > Ivan
        > > 8-)

      • Ivan Gastaldo
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2007
          Thanks Kurt!
          Here are the links to the pictures...

          http://tinyurl.com/2bnn9u

          http://tinyurl.com/2cap98

          http://tinyurl.com/28zpyc

          http://tinyurl.com/yqho2s

          http://tinyurl.com/ysom9e

          http://tinyurl.com/24y79b

          Clear skies!

          Ivan
          8-)

          --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Kurt Friedrich

          ______________
          > that gives answers, not web links.

        • Kurt Friedrich
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2007
            Thanks for the URLs. Sorry, when you said in "my
            album" I didn't realize they were in this groups
            photo section! Anyhow, with a tinyurl, many more
            people will surely take a look. Very nice pictures,
            and I really like you blue on blue scope combo.

            Kurt

            Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
            http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
          • Chris Schroeder
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
              Nicely done Ivan!
              CS, Chris S

              wrote:

              > Thanks Kurt!
              > Here are the links to the pictures...
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/2bnn9u
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/2cap98
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/28zpyc
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/yqho2s
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/ysom9e
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/24y79b
              >

              > Clear skies!
              >

              > Ivan
              > 8-)

            • Ivan Gastaldo
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
                Thank you Chris!
                CS to you too!

                Ivan
                8-)

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Schroeder"
                <chris_jsa@...> wrote:

                > Nicely done Ivan!
                > CS, Chris S
                >
                > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Ivan Gastaldo" <gastaldo@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Thanks Kurt!
                > > Here are the links to the pictures...
                > >
                > > http://tinyurl.com/2bnn9u
                > >
                > > http://tinyurl.com/2cap98
                > >
                > > http://tinyurl.com/28zpyc
                > >
                > > http://tinyurl.com/yqho2s
                > >
                > > http://tinyurl.com/ysom9e
                > >
                > > http://tinyurl.com/24y79b
                > >

                > > Clear skies!
                > >

                > > Ivan
                > > 8-)

              • John Armstrong
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
                  Hey Ivan,

                  Nice shots in your album, and congrats on your new Atlas scope!!  Used to see a lot of you on the Starshoot group - I'm still there, just not active - other interests right now.  Welcome to our little abode!!

                  Keep Looking Up,
                  John Armstrong
                  Muskegon, MI
                  ------------------

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
                    Thank you John!

                    I'm still active there, but weather has benn lousy lately, here in
                    S.Florida, and it does not look like we'll get many more breaks,
                    since we are into Hurricane/Summer Season now...
                    We'll see...

                    Clear skies!

                    Ivan
                    8-)