New Image: The Great Orion Nebula, M42

  • Paul K
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
      Greetings,

      This is an RGB shot with 40 minutes exposure in each channel
      using HX916 and FLT110. Binned 1x1, no flat or dark frames:

      http://pk.darkhorizons.org/m42rgb2.htm

      Click on the image to see it in full-resolution.

      The color balance was not tweaked at all other than applying the
      appropriate weights to each channel. I did raise the saturation
      beyond the point where I felt comfortable, but it seemed to reveal
      some new details, so I left it this way ;-)

      Comments and suggestions are always welcome,

      Clear skies,

      -Paul
      http://pk.darkhorizons.org

    • rscooperlx200
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
        Paul, that is an absolutly stunning image, great work. The FT110 sure
        looks like a sweet scope. I just purchased a Meg 80 know I want one
        of these.

        Clear Skies

        Rick Cooper

        --- In William-Optics@y..., "Paul K" <pkane2001@h...> wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > This is an RGB shot with 40 minutes exposure in each channel
        > using HX916 and FLT110. Binned 1x1, no flat or dark frames:
        >
        > http://pk.darkhorizons.org/m42rgb2.htm
        >
        > Click on the image to see it in full-resolution.
        >
        > The color balance was not tweaked at all other than applying the
        > appropriate weights to each channel. I did raise the saturation
        > beyond the point where I felt comfortable, but it seemed to reveal
        > some new details, so I left it this way ;-)
        >
        > Comments and suggestions are always welcome,
        >
        > Clear skies,
        >
        > -Paul
        > http://pk.darkhorizons.org

      • David Rinnan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
          been going thru my huge pile of emails :>

          Noticed this image and I must say that it is very good! It shows huge amount of detail. Very nicely framed. No flats or darks!!

          Not only does this picture speak good of you taking the picture but also the flt110 in combo with the hx916. I have always wondered if I would be limited in any way if I uprade to the flt110 and buy a hx916 -- now you have proven that the only limit I would hit is related to my own skill, which is not on par with yours :>

          cheers and tanks for posting all you great pictures!

          david