Megrez 80 and Coolpix 995

  • Dave Kerr
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002
      Is anyone using the Megrez 80 and Nikon Coolpix
      995 for birding? I've attached my 995 to my
      Megrez 80 with the William Optics DCL 24mm
      astronomical eyepiece and am just not able
      to get good sharp focus with the camera.

      I have tried Manual, Autofocus and even
      marco, different exposures and shutter speeds
      and all 53 of the photographs of the ducks - Buffleheads -
      I took today are out of focus, some more so than
      others. I used a shutter remote as well.

      Viewing through the Megez with the eyepiece
      alone yields sharp images so I am perplexed
      that I am unable to get satisfactory focus
      with the camera.

      Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

      Dave