New image from Saturday - M16

  • Rob MacKay
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002

      Here is an image of M16 taken from this past Saturday.

      Image taken with a William Optics FLT-110mm APO refractor and the FLI MaxCam CM10-1ME.

      My biggest gripe about this image is the vertical spikes caused by the KAF3200-ME chip.  I may change the chip to the E version in the near future.  I have noticed that these spikes mainly appear on brighter stars.

      Rob

    • dwyman
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
        Rob, that is a gorgeous image except as you say the spikes. Maybe that
        new software can clean them up. I love the color balance. Too many M16
        are just plain red, red, red. Your image shows some beautifully subtle
        hues. BRAVO!!

        Don Wyman
        --
        Stop the world, I want to get off!!
      • Rob MacKay
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
          thanks!

          The debloomer plugins I have used work well for blooming spikes, but I
          haven't found anything to fix up the "ME" spikes.

          Rob

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
            Rob MacKay wrote:

            > thanks!
            >
            > The debloomer plugins I have used work well for blooming spikes, but I
            > haven't found anything to fix up the "ME" spikes.
            >
            > Rob

            Hmm.....that's too bad. Hope you get it figured out.

            Don

            Stop the world, I want to get off!!
          • poziovahim2001
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2002
              Excellent, excellant detail and color Rob! Bueno, Dan

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 2002
                Maybe I'm a little tetched in the head, but clean sharp spikes on
                stars kinda appeal to me! Dan

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/