RE: [William-Optics] Independent reviews of the FLT-110

  • Rob MacKay
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 19, 2002
      Good idea jim - I can offer my scope on any night in the San Francisco bay area to anyone qualified to review it.

      Rob
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19, 2002
        Hi.

        Great to hear at least 2 proud owners of the FLT-110 generous enough to
        offer their scopes for testing.

        Yes, I'm waiting eagerly for a review soon. Hopefully it'll give the FLT-110
        the recognition it deserves.

        JL.

      • David Yang
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 19, 2002
          We are waiting for SKY & Telescope to put the FLT for review, the process is quite long and the editor mentioned everyone that has new products will need to get in line.

          David
          WO

          Great to hear at least 2 proud owners of the FLT-110 generous enough to
          offer their scopes for testing.

          Yes, I'm waiting eagerly for a review soon. Hopefully it'll give the FLT-110
          the recognition it deserves.

          JL.

          >From: "Rob MacKay" <rob@...>
          >To: <William-Optics@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: RE: [William-Optics] Independent reviews of the FLT-110
          >Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 07:06:33 -0700
          >
          >Good idea jim - I can offer my scope on any night in the San Francisco bay
          >area to anyone qualified to review it.
          >
          >Rob

          4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/Ey.GAA/9rHolB/TM

        • cedarking
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 20, 2002
            Here is the info for submiting a review to Cloudy Nights:

            http://www.cloudynights.com/Editorial.htm

            --- In William-Optics@y..., "Jim Anderson" <jim.a@r...> wrote:
            > JL,
            >
            > I would as well like to submit a review, but my enthusiasm for the
            FLT-110
            > would be very biased as this is the best refractor I have used
            personally.
            > I moved from an ancient C102sp to the FLT-110 and my only
            comparison to
            > other refractors of similar size was when an owner of a new NP101
            and I had
            > a showdown several weeks ago. Both of us were using the same eye
            pieces on
            > each others scopes and our technique was about as distant from a
            proper
            > testing that you could get.
            >
            > Suffice to say, we where both very happy with what we could
            surmise from the
            > exercise and left the site with smiles and the benefit of knowing
            that our
            > money had been well spent.
            >
            > One aspect of the FLT-110 that we did find was when I unfocused
            Vega on
            > either scope there was a little color (very dim) on the FLT-110
            and almost
            > none on the NP101. This color was only prevalent when the bright
            star was
            > severally unfocused in on either scope. Any perception of color
            was
            > completely gone as we reached focus with either of the scopes.
            (Since this
            > time, I have had my 5.2 Pentax questioned as to whether it may be
            > introducing the color and not the scopes.)
            >
            > I know there probably is a regime of tests one should try and your
            request
            > will have me back to both Cloudynights and Scopereviews to see
            what others
            > have done to present a proper examination/test of the scopes being
            reviewed.

            > I would like to offer my scope to anyone in the Toronto area that
            would be
            > much better qualified and unbiased to test the FLT-110 and present
            our
            > findings to the group.
            >
            > -Jim

            Service.