new FLT110 arrives

  • Rob MacKay
    Message 1 of 11 , May 30, 2002
      My new William Optics FLT110 arrived last night. However, the fedex guy
      came a little late for me to head up to MB. It will see first light tonight
      from the driveway.

      The scope came packaged in its own beautiful aluminum case which was double
      boxed as normal astro shipments usually come. First impression - its much
      bigger then a 110mm scope looks like it should be. And MUCH heavier.
      Easily heavier then my FSQ106 by about a pound. This thing is built like a
      tank.

      Serial number: #2001 - the first one available to the public. :)

      The scope itself is an oil spaced triplet APO with the lens designed and
      manufactured by TEC. It comes with a beautiful retractable dewshield and a
      big 4" fully rotateable focuser, just like the FSQ106. The focuser has about
      4-5" of travel, which should accomodate most eyepieces quite easily. I also
      picked up a televue everbright 2" diagonal, then realized I don't even have
      a 2" eyepiece. doh! I'll have to fix that today.

      I hope to shoot an image from my driveway with the scope this evening, but
      that may wait until Saturday when I have more time.

      Rob
    • Richard Chalfan
      Message 2 of 11 , May 30, 2002
        Aren't they beautiful? The machine work is superb! Unfortunately, bad
        weather has interfered with my using mine the last few days. Richard

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • Rob MacKay
        Message 3 of 11 , May 30, 2002
          They are quite impressive.  I need to get William to build me a 160mm  :)
          Aren't they beautiful? The machine work is superb! Unfortunately, bad
          weather has interfered with my using mine the last few days. Richard

        • dwyman
          Message 4 of 11 , May 30, 2002
            Did you get yours yet, Rob?

            Don Wyman
            --
            Stop the world, I want to get off!!
          • Rob MacKay
            Message 5 of 11 , May 30, 2002
              yeah - i made the original post in this thread  :)
              Message 6 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                Just curious.  Why two four inch scopes?

                Rob La Pointe

                Message 7 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                  > Rob MacKay wrote:
                  >
                  > yeah - i made the original post in this thread :)

                  Oops, musta missed it <G>.
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                    I have been waiting for the FLT110 for over a year.  In the meantime I satisfied my needs with an FSQ106.

                    Time to sell the FSQ.

                    Rob

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                      Buy his!

                      Richard

                      > They are quite impressive. I need to get William to build me a
                      > 160mm :)

                    • Rob La Pointe
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                        I saw the FLT 110 at RMTC and I was quite impressed.  I just bought a little Megrez 80 and it's a fine little scope.  I have a Tak FS 102 and I'm tempted to sell it for the FLT 110.  Do you know if the optional field flattener is also a reducer?

                        Rob La Pointe

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 30, 2002
                          I do not think it is also a reducer.  And I do not think that it is required unless you are using a 6x7 camera.

                          Rob