RE: [William-Optics] Re: Top 10 things for people to know about the WO Yahoo group

  • Paul Gordon
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      Timm Bottoni wrote:

      [Snip]

      > http://www.williamoptics.com/awo/awo_manteam.htm
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Timm

      Interesting :-)

      I see Daniel does Japanese martial arts.

      It's funny how Science and Martial arts are linked in a lot of peoples
      lives. I too do Japanese martial arts along with a few other Astronomers I
      know.

      Regards,

      --
      Paul Gordon
      paul.gordon@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
        Yeah, I used to do Iaido and Kenjutsu; I am also interested in Judo
        and Aikido (but never practised), but here in Taiwan it is pretty
        hard to pursue these interests of mine, especially due to work.
        In fact, even astronomy is quite hard over here because of Taipei's
        incredible light pollution...

        I myself think that arts (of any type) and science are opposite sides
        of the same beautiful coin.

        Daniel

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Gordon"
        <paul.gordon@...> wrote:

        > Timm Bottoni wrote:
        >
        > [Snip]
        >
        > > http://www.williamoptics.com/awo/awo_manteam.htm
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Timm
        >
        > Interesting :-)
        >
        > I see Daniel does Japanese martial arts.
        >
        > It's funny how Science and Martial arts are linked in a lot of
        peoples
        > lives. I too do Japanese martial arts along with a few other
        Astronomers I
        > know.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > --
        > Paul Gordon
        > paul.gordon@...
        > http://www.madpc.net
        > http://www.mill-judo-club.co.uk/

      • david barnett
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2006
          Hi Timm - Thanks very much for the information - David.

          Timm Bottoni <t.bottoni@...> wrote:
          Hi,

          I am a customer, and a volunteer moderator to help keep the spammers
          deleted, and to keep general order of things, and along with Kurt,
          another volunteer moderator, we agreed to help out with the group. I
          am actually a Business Analyst for a large company, and I wrote the
          FAQs and a variety of reviews and articles you can find on Astromart
          and Cloudy Nights. I do a lot of writing in my job, and work with
          computers a lot, so these things are a good fit for my skills.

          I am NOT an optics expert, nor an astrophotographer (yet), that is
          for sure, but there are some really knowledgable folks on this group.

          William Optics owns the group, and controls the home page content,
          but asked for help, since they have a company to run, and products to
          engineer, build, sell, and support, so we both volunteered to help.

          You will see posts on here from William Yang, the head honcho of
          William Optics, and Daniel Da Pont, the head of marketing, and every
          once in a while a post from David Yang, who is William's brother and
          in charge of the USA operations. You can find more about them and
          some fun pictures on the WO website here. Roll over the picture to
          watch them turn around ;-)

          --- In William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com, david barnett
          <david.barnett@ ...> wrote:

          > Hi Timm - I am new to the group, and I wonder whether you are a
          William Optics employee, or a customer - please advise - DLB.

        • Paul Gordon
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2006
            Hi Daniel,

            I have to agree with your coin ethos :-)
            I have come across Kenjutsu but Not Iaido..
            I have, like most Martial art people tried several different forms
            Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, Kendo and Kempo Karate of which I still practice
            and instruct at Judo :-) (I loved Kendo but not many places practice it were

            I live in the UK).

            If you come to the UK I'll take you to a couple of Clubs Daniel.

            Regards,

            --
            Paul G