Re: Total dissatisfaction with order policy

  • williamopticsmarketing
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
      Hi Daniel,
      I am really sorry about your dissatisfaction. We take full
      responsability for the delays due to WO.
      We have in fact finished the production of the reducer/field
      flattener for the 66 a couple of weeks ago, but in all honesty, we
      made a mistake with one small mechanical part, so we are remaking it.

      The optics are done so there is no long waiting involved. I do not
      want to give you an exact date, because then you will hold me
      responsible to it again! ;-) But if you want to trust me, we should
      be ready in approx. another one week.
      THEN if you REALLY cannot wait any longer, and are willing to pay the
      extra costs involved, we can ship to you directly from Taiwan.

      Normally we would ship to our USA branch by ocean freight (1 month
      transit time) to keep costs down, but for this specific product, we
      will take the extra costs and ship air to our branch as soon as we
      are finished with the reworking of the part. And then they will ship
      out in a couple of days according to the waiting list as usual.

      I know it is stressful and that we are totally late, I apologize for
      this on behalf of William Optics for all it is worth perhaps. But you
      surely understand we cannot sell something that is not perfect.
      Please understand this. We have already been through long waiting for
      some of our products: I do not think people were dissatisfied after
      they got them! Right?

      On the other hand (with reference to another post by someone else),
      most of the times we cannot take responsability for our dealers'
      orders status. Usually and for most of the products, we hold stock,
      but if your selected dealer does not order from us, we will surely
      not send to them...

      So whenever you have a problem with a dealer, please contact them
      directly. If you do not get a reply, we can TRY to contact them for
      you. If you are still totally unhappy about their service, (and this
      applies to any company, including William Optics, I know that...),
      then "vote with your cash" and place your orders from somewhere
      else!! On our part, we will always try to make sure that this never
      happens, by trying to give you the best customer service we can.

      Thank you for bearing patience with us!

      Daniel
      William Optics
    • The Ciobotas
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 6, 2006
        Hi Daniel,

        Apologies for the late reply.

        Thank you for the offer and update. I will go ahead and keep the order (I
        will have to notify David on that, right?) and will wait until the end of
        the month. Sounds like a fair offer. I may take you up on the direct ship
        option, once you have the reducer ready, it would definitely be worth it for
        me.

        And I won't hold you to the date this time. ;-)

        Best regards and happy holidays,

        Daniel