In-focus travel on Megrez 80

  • ckwastro
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2002
      Hi all,

      Does anyone know if there is enough in focus travel on the Megrez 80mm
      to bring the 31mm Nagler & the 22mm Nagler to focus? Assume I would
      use the supplied 2" diagonal or a 2" TeleVue Everbrite.

      Thanks,

      Kerry
    • Rob MacKay

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2002
          Kerry,

          I just went and tried it:

          With the Tele-Vue 2" diagonal (not the everbrite but not much
          different I suspect) the 27mm Panoptic (I know you asked about the
          22mm but I haven't got one) might actually need a few mm of extension.
          The 31mm Nagler focuses just fine with plenty of focus travel either
          way.

          I did not use the extra extension tube above and I was focusing on
          some trees about 1000 ft away, not quite infinity but close enough.

          - Bill

          | Message: 1
          | Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:14:35 -0000
          | From: "ckwastro" <ckw1@...>
          | Subject: In-focus travel on Megrez 80
          |
          | Hi all,
          |
          | Does anyone know if there is enough in focus travel on the Megrez
          80mm
          | to bring the 31mm Nagler & the 22mm Nagler to focus? Assume I would
          | use the supplied 2" diagonal or a 2" TeleVue Everbrite.
          |
          | Thanks,
          |
          | Kerry
        • ckwastro
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 10, 2002