First moon mosaic with ZS110

  • Jan Adelaar
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006
      William Optics Telescope Discussion Group
      Hi all,
      Here is the first post of me in this group, I am working mainly with the C9,25 on the planets but now I am testing the ZS110 mainly for the moon and planets and it's a very nice refractor with excellent build qualityI already had the 66 triplet without the feathertouch. maybe you have seen some of my images on Williams website, here is a mosaic I've made with 26- 30 avis. it was a tedious work to align every avi with 3-6 points with the new registax, seeing became poorer at the end of the session also transparancy suffered from cirrusclouds, regretly I had to do it with the colour Vesta which isn't the camera for such a project but hope to do more with the B/W modified camera. hope you like it still
      best to all Jan

      link to full size (over 2 mb)

    • Todd Freund
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006

        It is a shame that seeing worsened, excellent detail and contrast on the top half.

        Todd

      • Kurt Friedrich
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006
          Very nice work. I know doing mosaics takes lots of
          time and effort.

          I am curious why you would be using the ZS110 for moon
          and plantes, when you have a C9.25? I would think
          with those 2 scopes, you would use the C9.25 for the
          moon and planets, and the ZS for DSOs?

          Kurt

          --- Jan Adelaar <foton300@...> wrote:

          > William Optics Telescope Discussion GroupHi all,
          > Here is the first post of me in this group, I am
          > working mainly with the C9,25 on the planets but now
          > I am testing the ZS110 mainly for the moon and
          > planets and it's a very nice refractor with
          > excellent build qualityI already had the 66 triplet
          > without the feathertouch. maybe you have seen some
          > of my images on Williams website, here is a mosaic
          > I've made with 26- 30 avis. it was a tedious work to
          > align every avi with 3-6 points with the new
          > registax, seeing became poorer at the end of the
          > session also transparancy suffered from
          > cirrusclouds, regretly I had to do it with the
          > colour Vesta which isn't the camera for such a
          > project but hope to do more with the B/W modified
          > camera. hope you like it still
          > best to all Jan
          >
          > link to full size (over 2 mb)

          http://home.tiscali.nl/planetadelaar/terminator20061110zs110.jpg

          Cheap talk?
          http://voice.yahoo.com
        • Jan Adelaar
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006
            William Optics Telescope Discussion Group
            Thanks Todd and Kurt,
            Yes you nailed it Todd, when I reached the southern part it was over regretly
            Kurt the C9,25 is certainly the better instrument concerning resolution but much more seeing influenced than the smaller refractor, when I took a avi with the C9,25 I couldn't reach the sharpness I wanted (and it was right on collimated) so I loaded the refractor and it was way better on the screen!
            best
            Jan
          • Scott Walker
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
              Very good detail yet smooth in appearance. Very nice.

              Scott Walker
              Here is the first post of me in this group, I am working mainly with the C9,25 on the planets but now I am testing the ZS110 mainly for the moon and planets and it's a very nice refractor with excellent build qualityI already had the 66 triplet without the feathertouch. maybe you have seen some of my images on Williams website, here is a mosaic I've made with 26- 30 avis. it was a tedious work to align every avi with 3-6 points with the new registax, seeing became poorer at the end of the session also transparancy suffered from cirrusclouds, regretly I had to do it with the colour Vesta which isn't the camera for such a project but hope to do more with the B/W modified camera. hope you like it still
              best to all Jan

              link to full size (over 2 mb)

            • foton400
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006