William Optics

  • williamopticsusa
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 25, 2002
      Dear Tony,

      Unfortunately we had to discontinue the previous 4" Megrez 102mm
      Telescope due to minor quality issues and received many complains
      concerning the price issue did not match the actual product. So we
      had no choice and to pull out the 102mm out of U.S market and improve
      on existing products that is making progress.

      But we are proud that our 110mm triplet design APO is almost ready to
      launch to the market. If anyone is interest it please get on the wait
      list ASAP. First batch is very limited.

      David Yang
      William Optics Corp.
    • Robin Casady
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2002
        Hi,
        Could someone tell me the what the hole patterns are for various Williams
        telescope rings? I need the screw size and spacing between holes (center to
        center).

        I'm designing a multiple scope platform and would like to support Williams
        rings if possible.

        Thanks,
        Robin

        Astro Accessories by Robin Casady
        Stainless Steel Weights & Dovetail Saddles
        http://www.CarmelCoast.com/Astro/sales.html

        Casady & Greene, Inc.
        http://www.casadyg.com
      • Herb York

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 27, 2002
            Thanks. Standards are a wonderful thing. :-)

            On 02/27/02 5:07 PM Herb York wrote:

            > Same as AP
            > Herb

          • dwyman
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 27, 2002
              Robin Casady wrote:

              > Thanks. Standards are a wonderful thing. :-)

              Do you mean Metric Standards or US Standards <G>?

              Don Wyman
            • Robin Casady
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 27, 2002
                On 02/27/02 5:42 PM dwyman wrote:

                > Robin Casady wrote:
                >>
                >> Thanks. Standards are a wonderful thing. :-)
                >>
                > Do you mean Metric Standards or US Standards <G>?
                >
                > Don Wyman

                I mean ring standards. Having once been a jeweler, I think everyone should
                wear the same size ring. ;-)

                Someone once said, "The problem with standards is that there are too many of
                them."

                Regards,

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 27, 2002
                  I used to be a Gunsmith. Try working on old English shotguns
                  AAAAArrrrrrrrghhhhhh!!

                  Each company had its own idea on thread sizes. There's also a whole
                  different set of drill and tap sizes for mounting standard gun sights
                  and scopes.

                  Don
                  --
                  Stop the world, I want to get off!!
                • will biesele
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 27, 2002
                    Robin Casady wrote:

                    > Thanks. Standards are a wonderful thing. :-)

                    That's the nice thing about standards, there are so many from which to
                    choose.
                  • William Yang
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002
                      It's Metric.