Re: Photokina 2006

  • havane45
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 2, 2006
      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "fredhissink"
      <a.hissinkdebruyn@...> wrote:

      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina) I was
      > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their booth.
      > I will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just enjoy the
      > pictures first.
      >
      > Fred Hissink

      Nice and inreresting pictures ; one thing is clear, the 132 has a very
      big focuser ; min 4".

      Laurent
    • xlh1450
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 2, 2006
        Hey Fred,

        Thanks for the pictures, a tease as they are. Left to right, in the
        booth photo, are they:

        ZS110 - Megrez66 - Megrez110 - FLT110 - Megrez90 - Megrez132 - New
        Spotting Scope

        And what is that knob above the focuser knob on the 132, a different
        place for a focus tube lock?

        Are the non EAZY Touch tripods anything new from WO?

        Garry

        a.hissinkdebruyn@...> wrote:

        Hi everybody,

        I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina) I was
        there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their booth. I
        will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just enjoy the
        pictures first.

        Fred Hissink
      • Timm Bottoni
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 2, 2006
          Thanks Fred,

          Those are awesome pictures!

          Timm

          <a.hissinkdebruyn@...> wrote:

          > Hi everybody,
          >
          > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina) I was
          > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their booth.
          > I will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just enjoy the
          > pictures first.
          >
          > Fred Hissink

        • xlh1450

            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 2, 2006
              Hi Garry,

              Have to see the pictures again, but I think you're right! The know
              is for rotating the silver ring and the little know behind the focus
              know is for locking the focuer tube. If locked, you can still focus.
              designed for attaching heavy equipment without the risk of a
              slipping focuser.

              Fred

              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "xlh1450" <xlh1450@...> wrote:

              > Hey Fred,
              >
              > Thanks for the pictures, a tease as they are. Left to right, in the
              > booth photo, are they:
              >
              > ZS110 - Megrez66 - Megrez110 - FLT110 - Megrez90 - Megrez132 - New
              > Spotting Scope
              >
              > And what is that knob above the focuser knob on the 132, a
              different
              > place for a focus tube lock?
              >
              > Are the non EAZY Touch tripods anything new from WO?
              >
              > Garry
              >

              > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "fredhissink"
              > a.hissinkdebruyn@> wrote:
              >

              > Hi everybody,
              >
              > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina) I was
              > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their
              booth. I
              > will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just enjoy the
              > pictures first.
              >
              > Fred Hissink

            • fredhissink
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 2, 2006
                yeah, the tripods are new and very stury!! I will post some pictures
                this week.

                Fred

                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "xlh1450" <xlh1450@...> wrote:

                > Hey Fred,
                >
                > Thanks for the pictures, a tease as they are. Left to right, in the
                > booth photo, are they:
                >
                > ZS110 - Megrez66 - Megrez110 - FLT110 - Megrez90 - Megrez132 - New
                > Spotting Scope
                >
                > And what is that knob above the focuser knob on the 132, a
                different
                > place for a focus tube lock?
                >
                > Are the non EAZY Touch tripods anything new from WO?
                >
                > Garry
                >

                > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "fredhissink"
                > a.hissinkdebruyn@> wrote:
                >

                > Hi everybody,
                >
                > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina) I was
                > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their
                booth. I
                > will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just enjoy the
                > pictures first.
                >
                > Fred Hissink

              • fredhissink
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 2, 2006
                  Hey Timm,
                  It was great to be there!! I really enjoyed the company of William
                  and Paul who again showed that the contact with the users is one of
                  William Optics most important issues!! If anyone has the oppertunity
                  to meet people from WO, by all means do! You won't be disappointed...

                  Fred

                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm Bottoni"
                  <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Fred,
                  >
                  > Those are awesome pictures!
                  >
                  > Timm
                  >
                  > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "fredhissink"
                  > <a.hissinkdebruyn@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi everybody,
                  > >
                  > > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina) I
                  was
                  > > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their
                  booth.
                  > > I will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just
                  enjoy the
                  > > pictures first.
                  > >
                  > > Fred Hissink

                • Paul Winn
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 3, 2006
                    The new 132 seems to be a sight to behold and I glad to be on the list
                    for it. The thing is I hope I can wait for it. Well I guess I will have
                    to. One thing I would like to kow is if there is going to be a
                    reducer/flatener for it, or do you guys think that the WO .8 reducer
                    will work on the scope.

                    Paul Winn
                    http://www.astrolights.net

                    <a.hissinkdebruyn@...> wrote:

                    > Hi everybody,
                    >
                    > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina) I was
                    > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their booth.
                    > I will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just enjoy the
                    > pictures first.
                    >
                    > Fred Hissink

                  • fredhissink
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 4, 2006
                      Hi Paul,

                      Start dreaming about the picturtes you gonna make with it!! it wil
                      surely shorten the waiting time!! You will love it!!!
                      About the flattener: maybe someone from WO can answer that question?

                      Fred
                      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Winn" <strg8zn@...>
                      wrote:

                      > The new 132 seems to be a sight to behold and I glad to be on the
                      list
                      > for it. The thing is I hope I can wait for it. Well I guess I will
                      have
                      > to. One thing I would like to kow is if there is going to be a
                      > reducer/flatener for it, or do you guys think that the WO .8
                      reducer
                      > will work on the scope.
                      >
                      > Paul Winn
                      > http://www.astrolights.net
                      >
                      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "fredhissink"
                      > <a.hissinkdebruyn@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi everybody,
                      > >
                      > > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina) I
                      was
                      > > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their
                      booth.
                      > > I will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just enjoy
                      the
                      > > pictures first.
                      > >
                      > > Fred Hissink

                    • williamoptics2004
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 4, 2006
                        Hi Paul,

                        The 132 F/7 flattener (clear aperture is 68mm) just finished for
                        testing now (design for 35mm film size).

                        William

                        <a.hissinkdebruyn@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Paul,
                        >
                        > Start dreaming about the picturtes you gonna make with it!! it wil
                        > surely shorten the waiting time!! You will love it!!!
                        > About the flattener: maybe someone from WO can answer that
                        question?

                        > Fred
                        > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Winn" <strg8zn@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > The new 132 seems to be a sight to behold and I glad to be on
                        the
                        > list
                        > > for it. The thing is I hope I can wait for it. Well I guess I
                        will
                        > have
                        > > to. One thing I would like to kow is if there is going to be a
                        > > reducer/flatener for it, or do you guys think that the WO .8
                        > reducer
                        > > will work on the scope.
                        > >
                        > > Paul Winn
                        > > http://www.astrolights.net
                        > >
                        > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "fredhissink"
                        > > <a.hissinkdebruyn@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Hi everybody,
                        > > >
                        > > > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina)
                        > was
                        > > > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their
                        > booth.
                        > > > I will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just
                        enjoy
                        > the
                        > > > pictures first.
                        > > >
                        > > > Fred Hissink

                      • StarCat
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 4, 2006
                          Fred,
                          Did William give any indication why the lens cell says Fluoro-Star?
                          Which is the naming on FLT scopes. Or have they not fully decided which
                          scope line(s) to market it in?

                          forever, clear skies & great seeing!
                          Cheers, Ed
                          RASC - Calgary Centre

                          > Start dreaming about the picturtes you gonna make with it!! it wil
                          > surely shorten the waiting time!! You will love it!!!
                          > About the flattener: maybe someone from WO can answer that question?
                          >
                          > Fred
                          > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Winn" <strg8zn@...>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > The new 132 seems to be a sight to behold and I glad to be on the
                          > list
                          > > for it. The thing is I hope I can wait for it. Well I guess I will
                          > have
                          > > to. One thing I would like to kow is if there is going to be a
                          > > reducer/flatener for it, or do you guys think that the WO .8
                          > reducer
                          > > will work on the scope.
                          > >
                          > > Paul Winn
                          > > http://www.astrolights.net
                          > >
                          > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "fredhissink"
                          > > <a.hissinkdebruyn@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Hi everybody,
                          > > >
                          > > > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina) I
                          > was
                          > > > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their
                          > booth.
                          > > > I will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just enjoy
                          > the
                          > > > pictures first.
                          > > >
                          > > > Fred Hissink
                          > > >

                          > www.william-optics.com
                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Scott Walker
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 4, 2006
                            Hi William

                            Will this flattener be the same as the one for 110 triplet? I do not believe the one for the new 110 is for sell yet.

                            Scott Walker

                            <a.hissinkdebruyn@ ...> wrote:

                            > Hi Paul,
                            >
                            > Start dreaming about the picturtes you gonna make with it!! it wil
                            > surely shorten the waiting time!! You will love it!!!
                            > About the flattener: maybe someone from WO can answer that
                            question?

                            > Fred
                            > --- In William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com, "Paul Winn" <strg8zn@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > The new 132 seems to be a sight to behold and I glad to be on
                            the
                            > list
                            > > for it. The thing is I hope I can wait for it. Well I guess I
                            will
                            > have
                            > > to. One thing I would like to kow is if there is going to be a
                            > > reducer/flatener for it, or do you guys think that the WO .8
                            > reducer
                            > > will work on the scope.
                            > >
                            > > Paul Winn
                            > > http://www.astrolig hts.net
                            > >
                            > > --- In William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com, "fredhissink"
                            > > <a.hissinkdebruyn@ > wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Hi everybody,
                            > > >
                            > > > I posted some pictures in the photo section (named Photokina)
                            > was
                            > > > there wednesday and sunday, to help William and Paul at their
                            > booth.
                            > > > I will post a more detailed comment later on this day, just
                            enjoy
                            > the
                            > > > pictures first.
                            > > >
                            > > > Fred Hissink

                          • Don Klabunde
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 4, 2006
                              Check the WO Online site under upcoming products and you will see it
                              listed it as a "FLT 132mm APO" which is indeed the FluoroStar
                              moniker.

                              Don

                              --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, StarCat <starcat@...> wrote:

                              > Fred,
                              > Did William give any indication why the lens cell says
                              Fluoro-Star?
                              > Which is the naming on FLT scopes. Or have they not fully decided
                              which
                              > scope line(s) to market it in?
                              >
                              > forever, clear skies & great seeing!
                              > Cheers, Ed
                              > RASC - Calgary Centre

                            • xlh1450
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 4, 2006
                                That doesn't settle it. It has been there for awile.

                                In Cloudy Nights Vendor announcements, just before William left, his
                                post called it a Megrez, with pictures. And the first mention of a
                                Megrez110 was posted.

                                Since Fred was at the show, he should know what it was being
                                called.......but until it goes up for sale, or someone from WO lets us
                                know, we won't be sure what they are going to call it.

                                I'm hoping that it is the Megrez, and that an FLT132 will follow, as I
                                would rather purchase one that looked like the FLT110.

                                Garry

                                Garry

                                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Don Klabunde" dpk_faculae@...>

                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 5, 2006
                                  How is it going to work with CCD Imaging? I have an ST2000 CCD Camera

                                  Paul Winn

                                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"