Re: 132mm

  • xlh1450
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2006

      Mike,

      You need to get out more! With all the flak going on about the new 132, I don't know how you missed it

      The newest scope offering is a 132mm which William is showing off at the Photokina show. He took some pictures before he left and they are posted in the photos section under FLT132.

      Myself, it looks like the new 132 could be labeled a Megrez, as it has more in common with that line, optically and aestheticaly, especially with the black ring.  I think the FLT 110 is just breathtaking. I didn't get a chance to view through one, no time, but Ed, next door,  has the ZS 110, and the optics are the same. I'm having a hard time deciding which one I'll get, since I sold my ZS105 to make way for one or the other. If the 132 were to be coming with the same focuser as the FLT110, then my decision would be made.

      Based on the comparision picture in the Photos section, the 132 is considerably larger and I think the weight is close to 26 pounds, but don't quote me.

      Garry

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <isildur@...> wrote:

       Are there plans for a WO 132mm refractor? Just curious!

       Mike
       Orlando, FL

    • Scott Walker
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 1, 2006
        I can not be sure but the focuser on the 132 looks very large. I would guess that it is a 4-inch tube. I think it just looks small compared to the objective.

        Scott Walker

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 6, 2006
          I highly doubt if anyone knows this answer but I will ask it anyway.
          Does anyone have an inside scoop on how many 132mm's will be delivered
          before Christmas?
          I inquired how deep I was on the pre-order list and I was told I was
          #15 and I know WO said the first run was 20 scopes. But later in the
          email a January 2007 delivery date was mentioned. Hmmm, wondering if
          WO is trying to tell me something, 'cus if they are I have my eye one
          of Markus' 130/1200 for 4k.
          I do not wan to out weigh Mrs. Santa Claus' patience.
          Danny Janosick
        • Robert Weiss

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 9, 2006

              Bob, nice looking scope

              I couldn’t read the front of the lens in the photo, what is the focal length of it?

              Also what size focuser is that?

              Thanks

              Michael Downing

              www.astroden.com

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 9, 2006
                That is one fine looking ota. I look forward to your first light observations or images. One
                thing thing that is missing from the picture of your scope is image scale. It would be great
                if you could post an image showing how large the ota is in comparison to a person or
                another ota.
                Best wishes with the scope and may you have thousands of quality hours with it under
                velvety black skies.
                danny janosick
                --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Weiss" <rweiss3@...> wrote:

                > Dan I received mine this week what a telescope. I am still working on the mounting
                system which should be ready tonight is ups makes it. I posted a few photo's under Bob
                it's worth the wait.

              • Chris Appleton
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 9, 2006
                  --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Weiss" <rweiss3@...>
                  wrote:

                  Hi Bob

                  Congrats on the new beautiful looking 132mm Apo refractor. I am very
                  much interested in finally seeing a report on how well this scope
                  performs at the eyepiece as well as for imaging. Hope you get the
                  plate today and the skies are clear for you. I am on the list for the
                  2nd batch which will be ready in January/07 and I am excited to get
                  mine (just got to get some expenses and Christmas out of the way).
                  Also great job done from the WO team providing us this beautiful Apo
                  refractor at good prices (thanks guy's).

                  Cheers,

                  Chris Appleton

                  > Dan I received mine this week what a telescope. I am still working
                  on the mounting system which should be ready tonight is ups makes it.
                  I posted a few photo's under Bob it's worth the wait.

                • xlh1450
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 9, 2006

                    Bob,

                    Congrats on recieving your scope. I might have one before Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath as January is more realistic. A CD or CD case beside a picture of the scope would would help everyone get an idea of the size. (they are good to use in any picture)

                    Michael,

                    The focal length is f/7. The focuser is a 4".

                    Garry
                    Alberta Premium Optics

                    Bob, nice looking scope

                    I couldn't read the front of the lens in the photo, what is the focal length
                     of it?

                    Also what size focuser is that?

                    Thanks

                    Michael Downing

                    www.astroden.com <http://www.astroden.com/>

                  • Michael Downing
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 9, 2006

                      Thank you Gary

                      Michael Downing

                      www.astroden.com

                      ============ ========= ========= ========= ======

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 9, 2006
                        I couldnÂ’t read the front of the lens in the photo, what is the focal length of it?

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 9, 2006
                          If the weather ever clears I will do my best.
                          That is one fine looking ota. I look forward to your first light observations or images. One
                          thing thing that is missing from the picture of your scope is image scale. It would be great
                          if you could post an image showing how large the ota is in comparison to a person or
                          another ota.
                          Best wishes with the scope and may you have thousands of quality hours with it under
                          velvety black skies.
                          danny janosick
                          --- In William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com, "Robert Weiss" <rweiss3@... > wrote:

                          > Dan I received mine this week what a telescope. I am still working on the mounting
                          system which should be ready tonight is ups makes it. I posted a few photo's under Bob
                          it's worth the wait.

                        • Dan
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 16, 2007
                            Has anyone besides mackey taken any deep sky shots with the 132mm?
                            dan