Re: Control panel mounted on Mount

  • Tony Kriz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2001
      As far as I understand it, WO's new control panel design for the GT-1
      will still allow for use of the Sky Sensor 2000. They are in the
      process of designing a proprietary GOTO system for the mount Orion
      made a stink about them offering the Sky Sensor unit with the mount.

      This is all I know at this point.

      Tony Kriz

      --- In William-Optics@y..., rmaxwell@d... wrote:
      > Hi Group,
      >
      > Things are way to slow on this group, so I thought I would suggest
      > topic for disscussion.
      >
      > Currently the GT-1 mount is controlled by a Sky Sensor 2000 which
      is
      > attached via cable to the mount. I like this.
      >
      > There has been some talk about future models of the GT-1 having the
      > controller built-in to the mount such that the controls are on one
      face
      > of the mount. I don't like this idea.
      >
      > When I am sitting at my telescope looking though the eyepiece, I
      like
      > the idea of having the controller in my hand. I can glance down
      and
      > easily read the display. In additon I can press the stearing
      buttons
      > without taking my eye away from the eyepiece.
      >
      > If the controls were on the side of the mount I would have to reach
      > around the mount in order to press them. I would have to get up
      and
      > move to a position where I could read the display on the mount.
      This