Re: Megrez ED triplet APO or Megrez Fluorite Doublet for astrophotography?

  • williamopticsmarketing
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2006
      Not really, the Megrez Triplet ED only had a slightly better visual
      color correction. I would personally recommend the FD with a field
      flattener for astrophotography, or the new M90 or ZS110.

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Harrison - Innivo"
      <dave@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for your reply Timm, I did read that review and it was very
      informative but they actually state that they didn't have any
      photographic data, just visual, which is what led me to post here.
      I've seen the triplet for sale here
      http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=1-600-613-8151, but maybe
      they're out of stock now or it's the last few available. Would the
      triplet avoid the field curvature that's present in the doublet?