RE: [William-Optics] Re: any news on the 66mm apo binoculars?

  • US-ASTRO
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006

      Hello:

                  I too would be very interested in these binoculars. I know nothing about these and I can’t find them on the WO website.

      So I would hope that they could be like a 9 X 66 type of binocular, if anybody is listening I wouldn’t mind looking at a 11 X 80 binocular too, that is

      if WO is planning on offering new binoculars.

      So please let this group know when something comes out.

      Sam

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 14, 2006
        Is anybody else still waiting for this to materialize?
        If enough people ask, maybe WO will deliver?

        Mark.

        --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
        <william@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark,
        >
        > The 66 APO Binoculars will be available this year, we are changing
        > lens design for the best result!
        >
        > William
        >

        > > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "markvints"

      • Todd Freund
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 14, 2006

          If enough people ask, maybe WO will deliver?

          Or ask enough?  HEY WO, HOW ABOUT A 2” TO SCT THREAD CONVERTER!!!!!!  With the popularity of piggybacking 66/80/90’s on larger SCT’s, usually existing and with a host of accessories, I am confident that if you build it, they will buy!  ; )

        • Timm Bottoni
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 14, 2006

            I'm holding out for the pair based on the new FLT132 ;-)

            Seriously, if I did the math correctly, wouldn't this be equal to a
            93mm APO with a binoviewer? Would there be any advantage to one over
            the other?

            Sorry, I'm not seriously considering buying 66mm WO binocs, just
            curious - so don't count me as an order if or when they come out.

            But the are super cool looking, from that one picture I saw.

            Timm
            wrote:

            > Is anybody else still waiting for this to materialize?
            > If enough people ask, maybe WO will deliver?
            >
            > Mark.
            >

            > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "williamoptics2004"
            > <william@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Mark,
            > >
            > > The 66 APO Binoculars will be available this year, we are
            changing
            > > lens design for the best result!
            > >
            > > William

          • William Cruzen
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 14, 2006
              QUESTION does any one live near ST LOUIS ?? bill cruzen