8127Re: [William-Optics] Re: New to the group

  • Paul Walsh
    Mar 23, 2006
      Thanks,

      I love the dark skies over here. Here is a photo of
      the moon from last week. I used a digital, with an
      eqivalent to about a 900mm lens. I dont have a
      tripod. But, I love the night skies. I can do a lot
      of things with the camera, but a scope would be nice
      sometimes.

      I live in the middle of nowhere, and I can see the sun
      come up in the morning, and set in the evening here.

      I still don't know who sent me an invite for the
      group. It just appeared today. I had several photos
      on spaceweather.com perhaps thats how they got my
      email address.

      take care
      Paul M. Walsh
      Bennett, WI

      --- Chris Schroeder <chris_jsa@...> wrote:

      > Welcome Paul, I live in the Green Bay area and own
      > both the ZS80FD,
      > AKA "The Red Temptress" and the ZS66SD, what a
      > wonderful little
      > scope. I use mine mostly for visual use but also for
      > photography,
      > both terrestrial & astro, with my Pentax *ist DL. I
      > envy your skies,
      > I have tad bit of light pollution, though my skies
      > to the East
      > aren't to bad.
      >
      > Clear skies, Chris
      >

      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Paul Walsh
      > <escapedtowisconsin@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I am new to the group. I received an invitation
      > in my
      > > email to join the group. I recently had some
      > photos
      > > on spaceweather.com, so this might be where
      > someone
      > > got my address from.
      > >
      > > I am a freelance photographer for Associated
      > Press,
      > > and some other publications. I live just south of
      > > Duluth/Superior in Bennett, Wisconsin. I live in
      > > remote area, and I have very dark skies. I have
      > just
      > > started taking photos of the moon and skies, and
      > the
      > > aurora. I use a Canon 20d, and a 300mm 2.8, and
      > other
      > > wide lenses.
      > >
      > > Paul M. Walsh

      > protection around