7799Re: Which is better 105ed or 110 fluorite?

  • williamopticsmarketing
    Mar 8, 2006
      One of the reasons for the price differential is the premium price
      for the TEC lens (not only designed, also made...).

      The ZS105 is a great triplet APO scope in itself and is in stock
      ready for delivery. If you want larger, more expensive, do not mind
      some waiting time, need faster f-ratio, larger focuser, then consider
      the FLT110.

      Personally if it was my money, I would opt for the ZS105 Package,
      also because it makes a great visual scope, binoviewer friendly and
      comes in value package and has standard 1:10 microfocuser -but
      that's MY money!- will not tell you what to do with yours! ;) ...

      With either one, you won't be disappointed!

      Daniel

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "John O'Neill" <John@...>
      wrote:

      > David:
      > The 110 Florostar is a better scope in many ways. First- in that
      the
      > lens is designed by TEC of Golden CO known for producing objectives
      of
      > the highest quality. Second- it is faster (F6.5) with a slightly
      wider
      > field of view (715mm). Third- the objective is larger. Forth- the
      proof
      > is in the pudding See:
      >
      > http://www.oneilladvertising.com/Resources/hobby2.html
      >
      > John O'Neill
      > Seminole, FL
      >
      > On Mar 7, 2006, at 10:58 PM, David Moorhouse wrote:
      >
      > > I'm thinking of buying a WO ZS 105mm Triplet APO for use ONLY in
      > > astrophotography. I want to use a SBIG ST-2000 with a ten way
      filter
      > > wheel I'm thinking of the Astrodon filter set. I was thinking of
      using
      > > the 0.8x focal reducer to get the exposure times that bit lower
      as
      > > well. I will definetly be doing colour and false colour imaging.
      > >
      > > I have a dome housed mount at a fairly dark sky. It will be used
      as a
      > > piggyback on a C-14 fork mount as a second telescope. I have two
      top
      > > quality telescopes for visual use so don't really care about this
      > > aspect.
      > >
      > > Then I see this 110 fluorite APO at about twice the price.
      > >
      > > Am I going to actually see any improvement by spending twice the
      > > amount
      > > of money?
      > >
      > > Anyone who has played with both I really want to hear what you
      think.
      > > Either that or links to pics taken on both.
      > >
      > > Dave Moorhouse

      > > Astronomy telescope
      > > Fun
      > > Telescope
      > >
      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > >
      > > ?? ?Visit your group "William-Optics" on the web.
      > > ?
      > > ?? ?To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      > > ?
      > > ?? ?Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
      Yahoo! Terms of
      > > Service.
      > >

      > John O'Neill
      > Seminole, FL