7775Which is better 105ed or 110 fluorite?

  • David Moorhouse
    Mar 7, 2006
      I'm thinking of buying a WO ZS 105mm Triplet APO for use ONLY in
      astrophotography. I want to use a SBIG ST-2000 with a ten way filter
      wheel I'm thinking of the Astrodon filter set. I was thinking of using
      the 0.8x focal reducer to get the exposure times that bit lower as
      well. I will definetly be doing colour and false colour imaging.

      I have a dome housed mount at a fairly dark sky. It will be used as a
      piggyback on a C-14 fork mount as a second telescope. I have two top
      quality telescopes for visual use so don't really care about this
      aspect.

      Then I see this 110 fluorite APO at about twice the price.

      Am I going to actually see any improvement by spending twice the amount
      of money?

      Anyone who has played with both I really want to hear what you think.
      Either that or links to pics taken on both.

      Dave Moorhouse
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic