7296Re: [William-Optics] ZenithStar 105 ED APO

  • chris provost
    Feb 2, 2006
      The focuser is very robust. I beleive the focuser
      travel is 73mm. As to how much can it support? I
      really don't know in terms of lbs, but I can say it
      should be as if not more able to carry big cameras
      than any other brand scope. Give David a call at WO,
      he will probably be able to give you solid numbers.
      So far I love my scope and am thinking about getting a
      ZS 66mm APO as a big finder:-)

      Chris

      --- Sam Barziza <sam@...> wrote:

      > Hello:
      > I have a question about the ZenithStar 105 ED
      > APO. On ATWB it shows
      > this as having a 2.5" focuser.
      > My question is this. Is that a pretty stable and
      > robust focuser ? I
      > plan to do mainly CCD imaging and I need a good
      > solid focsuer that can
      > support the ccd camera, no flexture. How much weight
      > can that focuser
      > support ?
      > And how much travel does it have, and what the back
      > focus for the
      > ZenithStar 105 ED APO ?
      > Thanks alot
      >
      > Sam