7284Re: [William-Optics] Re: ZenithStar 105 ED APO

  • Sam Barziza
    Feb 1, 2006
      Hi Barry:
           Thanks for the link. Is there a review on this scope ?
      How can I mount this ontop of my Meade 2120 [10" SCT] which is on my Gemini G11 ?
      I am using the Losmandy dove tail plate for mounting.

      Barry Carter wrote:
      Hi Sam,
      I have this telescope and shed a little light.  The focuser draw tube
      ishousing is 2.5", but the drawtube is for 2"; with a 1.25" adapter
      included.  There is a lot of travel with this focuser, but I have no
      idea if back-focus is relevant for prime focus imaging.  I have no
      problem reaching prime focus with my Nikon D70 (body weighs ~600g) or
      D50 DSLRs.  The image plane of the Nikon is about 45mm from the base
      of the Nikon mount.  This telescope is solid and I have not
      encountered in flexture.  I am sure there may be some, but one would
      need the appropiate gages to measure it.  All things flex if given
      enough force.

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Sam Barziza <sam@u...> wrote:
      > Hello:
      >     I have a question about the ZenithStar 105 ED APO. On ATWB it
      > this as having a 2.5" focuser.
      > My question is this. Is that a pretty stable and robust  focuser ? I
      > plan to do mainly CCD imaging and I need a good solid focsuer that
      > support the ccd camera, no flexture. How much weight can that
      > support ?
      > And how much travel does it have, and what the back focus for the
      > ZenithStar 105 ED APO ?
      > Thanks alot
      > Sam

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic