7188Re: Binoviewer with Megrez 80ED Triplet

  • Dave Vosgien
    Jan 23, 2006
      -Bryan....You need to remove the normally used 2" extender. I used
      my 2" WO diagonal and was able to reach focus with about 1/4" of in
      travel to spare. Using the 1.6x corrector, the binos reach focus
      with around 2" to spare. I have a pair of Canon 15x50 IS binoculars
      and the binoviewer provides a power boost to 28x with the supplied
      20mm eyepieces. I would say that the quality of the view was better
      with the binoviewer. I focused one eye using the scope focus and
      focussed the other eye using the helical focuser. I didn't have any
      problem merging the images once the eye spacing was set properly. I
      published a report some time ago in September I think...Good
      viewing...Dave Vosgien

      -- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "earclean2000"
      <earclean2000@y...> wrote:

      > Dear Megrez users,
      >
      > I'm pretty sure that this subject has been posted before, but I
      have
      > failed to search and gave up after using few search words.
      >
      > 1) If I buy the WO binoviewer, how should I connect it to my
      Megrez in
      > order to reach the focus? I want to know for both cases of i)
      without
      > the corrector, ii)with the supplied corrector.
      >
      > 2) What is your experience with such combo? Any problems? How
      would you
      > compare the views to 15X70 or 20X80 binoculars?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Bryan

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic