7160Re: [William-Optics] Re: Air-spaced versus oil-spaced lens elements?

  • Robin Retzlaff
    Jan 22, 2006
      Glad to help. Hopefully we'll get opinions from others and mix it up a bit.

      rfrisk <rfrisk@...> wrote:
      Great Scott, Robin - you just addressed about 99% of my questions in
      one post!! My reason for purchasing this scope is casual planetary
      observation and serious DSO observation and imaging. I have been
      strongly favoring the WO FLT-110 and appreciate the heads up for
      Tom's review. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply with
      such an informative response. It helped me out more than you know.

      Thanks again.

      raf

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Robin Retzlaff
      <robinretzlaff@y...> wrote:

      > We could try and start a discussion of this issue here if you
      want. FWIW I'll share with you some of my gleanings and hope for
      someone more knowledgeable to post........
      >The curvature radiuses of the mating surfaces in an oil-spaced
      design must be .....
      >The main thermal problem with air-spaced lenses are the .....
      >The amazing Flt-110, by the way has all the advantages of an oil-
      spaced design and with its......