6723Re: LXD55 and ZS80 question ( mounting solution for WO scopes)

  • Raul
    Jan 4, 2006
      Rick, thanks for your positive comments. You are right, I designed
      them initially for the 1 threaded hole/1 unthreaded hole L-brackets,
      but the new batch just coming out has the threaded hole for the stud
      centrally located and one counter bored slot on each end, which
      would allow you to use 1 1/4-20 screw (2 are included with the
      bracket) on each of the holes of the "new" L-bracket style. I do not
      know the spacing between the 2 threaded holes in the new L-bracket,
      but if it is anywhere between 1/2" to 1-1/2", it should work with
      both the 4" and 6" adapters. I will update the pictures in the ad to
      show the new design
      Raul.

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <red75tr6@y...> wrote:

      > Raul-
      >
      > Nice product (and an attractive sale price!) I took a look at it
      when
      > I was looking for mounting options for my WO scopes. Do you have a
      > version that matches the "newer" WO L brackets? Both of my scopes
      > came with two holes already tapped on the L bracket, your 4" and 6"
      > rails provide for one threaded hole and one unthreaded post. I
      assume
      > this matches an older style of L bracket or I could be misreading
      the
      > info. What I would be very interested in is an adapter with two
      > threaded screws to allow for a more secure attachment. Thanks.
      >
      > Rick B
      >
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Raul" <mraul34@c...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "imjustasurfin"
      > > <imjustasurfin@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I would like to keep the L bracket on my ZS80 and mount it to
      an
      > > LXD55
      > > > saddle plate. Any suggestions or solutions?
      > > >

      > > Hi, I have been a member of this group for several months now
      and I
      > > have seen people ask the above question over and over. I also
      own a
      > > WO scope (Megrez 80II ED) and a Meade LXD75 mount and because
      there
      > > was no readily available adapter to connect them, I set out to
      > > design an adapter that would work with L-bracket equipped scopes
      and
      > > the Vixen and Vixen clone mounts. I couple of moths ago I
      started an
      > > astro accessories company (Desert Sky Astro Products) and I sell
      > > this adapter in 4" and 6" long versions. Follow this link to see
      > > them on Astromart:
      > >
      > > http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?
      classified_id=399664

      > > Several solutions have been proposed on this forum to securely
      > > attach the scopes, such as tapping the second hole on the
      bracket
      > > and drilling additional holes in the dovetail. While I am sure
      that
      > > those solutions work, our adapter provides an inexpensive
      solution
      > > right out of the box, without the need to modify your shiny WO
      scope
      > > (and probably endanger your warranty).
      > >
      > > Thanks. Raul Medina for Desert Sky Astro Products.
      > >
      > > PS. Out of respect for our fellow group members and WO, I
      requested
      > > permission from the moderator of the group before posting this
      > > information.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic