6718Re: LXD55 and ZS80 question ( mounting solution for WO scopes)

  • Rick
    Jan 4, 2006
      Raul-

      Nice product (and an attractive sale price!) I took a look at it when
      I was looking for mounting options for my WO scopes. Do you have a
      version that matches the "newer" WO L brackets? Both of my scopes
      came with two holes already tapped on the L bracket, your 4" and 6"
      rails provide for one threaded hole and one unthreaded post. I assume
      this matches an older style of L bracket or I could be misreading the
      info. What I would be very interested in is an adapter with two
      threaded screws to allow for a more secure attachment. Thanks.

      Rick B

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Raul" <mraul34@c...> wrote:

      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "imjustasurfin"
      > <imjustasurfin@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I would like to keep the L bracket on my ZS80 and mount it to an
      > LXD55
      > > saddle plate. Any suggestions or solutions?
      > >

      > Hi, I have been a member of this group for several months now and I
      > have seen people ask the above question over and over. I also own a
      > WO scope (Megrez 80II ED) and a Meade LXD75 mount and because there
      > was no readily available adapter to connect them, I set out to
      > design an adapter that would work with L-bracket equipped scopes and
      > the Vixen and Vixen clone mounts. I couple of moths ago I started an
      > astro accessories company (Desert Sky Astro Products) and I sell
      > this adapter in 4" and 6" long versions. Follow this link to see
      > them on Astromart:
      >
      > http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=399664
      >
      > Several solutions have been proposed on this forum to securely
      > attach the scopes, such as tapping the second hole on the bracket
      > and drilling additional holes in the dovetail. While I am sure that
      > those solutions work, our adapter provides an inexpensive solution
      > right out of the box, without the need to modify your shiny WO scope
      > (and probably endanger your warranty).
      >
      > Thanks. Raul Medina for Desert Sky Astro Products.
      >
      > PS. Out of respect for our fellow group members and WO, I requested
      > permission from the moderator of the group before posting this
      > information.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic