6716Re: LXD55 and ZS80 question ( mounting solution for WO scopes)

  • Raul
    Jan 3, 2006
      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "imjustasurfin"
      <imjustasurfin@y...> wrote:

      > I would like to keep the L bracket on my ZS80 and mount it to an
      LXD55
      > saddle plate. Any suggestions or solutions?

      Hi, I have been a member of this group for several months now and I
      have seen people ask the above question over and over. I also own a
      WO scope (Megrez 80II ED) and a Meade LXD75 mount and because there
      was no readily available adapter to connect them, I set out to
      design an adapter that would work with L-bracket equipped scopes and
      the Vixen and Vixen clone mounts. I couple of moths ago I started an
      astro accessories company (Desert Sky Astro Products) and I sell
      this adapter in 4" and 6" long versions. Follow this link to see
      them on Astromart:

      http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=399664

      Several solutions have been proposed on this forum to securely
      attach the scopes, such as tapping the second hole on the bracket
      and drilling additional holes in the dovetail. While I am sure that
      those solutions work, our adapter provides an inexpensive solution
      right out of the box, without the need to modify your shiny WO scope
      (and probably endanger your warranty).

      Thanks. Raul Medina for Desert Sky Astro Products.

      PS. Out of respect for our fellow group members and WO, I requested
      permission from the moderator of the group before posting this
      information.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic