6530Re: Megrez vs. ZenithStar Family

  • michelderomme
    Dec 30, 2005
      Well
      What are we talking about ?
      SD APO, ED APO, fluorite APO, fluorite doublet ...
      CA F2, FPL53 or others ?
      are red and blue waves focused at the same point ?
      TMB use ED, TAk use fluorite, AP uses ED, Skywatcher use ED(FPL53
      indeed), WO use DE, ED, fluorite, are some better than others ? why ?
      Michel
      Membre SAPL 87
      http://www.astrosurf.com/deromme/accueil.htm
      PROTEGEONS NOTRE ENVIRONNEMENT NOCTURNE !!!
      ADHEREZ A L'ANPCN
      Commandez les nouveaux autocollants ANPCN !
      http://www.astrosurf.com/anpcn/

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm Bottoni"
      <t.bottoni@c...> wrote:

      > Oops - another typo
      >
      > Should be
      > $399 ZenithStar 66 SD Doublet APO
      >
      > And nice job of explaining the optics choices Chris! I am fine
      with
      > the specs, but as to why one is better, I will leave that to you
      > folks who are more experienced.
      >
      > Timm
      >
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Timm Bottoni"
      > <t.bottoni@c...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Daniel,
      > >
      > > Looks like you were replying while I was - good evening here,
      good
      > > morning for you :)
      > >
      > > Here is a simple listing...
      > >
      > > I would suggest you decide first - do you want AP0 or not?
      > > Second - how much do you have to spend?
      > > Third - how much aperture do you want
      > > Fourth - doublet, triplet, base your decision on feedback from
      > users
      > > who have tried both (Like Tom Trusak)
      > >
      > > APO scopes
      > > Price Model
      > > $3295 Fluoristar 110
      > > $1998 ZenithStar 105 package
      > > $1698 ZenithStar 105 OTA
      > > $798(sale) ZenithStar 80 Fluorite Doublet (Anniv special price)
      > > $399 ZenithStar 80 SD Doublet APO
      > > $548 ZenithStar 66 ED Triplet APO 2-speed OTA
      > > $498 ZenithStar 66 ED Triplet APO OTA
      > > $1595 Megrez 80 Triplet Fluorite APO
      > > $928 Megrez 80 Triplet ED APO
      > > $848 Megrez 80 Doublet Fluorite
      > >
      > > NOT APO scopes
      > > $399(sale) ZenithStar 80 2-speed OTA plus new year gift
      > > $499.95 ZenithStar 80 Package
      > > $399.95 ZenithStar 80 Short OTA
      > > $499 ZenithStar 80 Short Package (astro or terra)
      > > $699(sale) ZenithStar 80 Short BinoViewer package
      > > $498 ZenithStar 66 Petzval 2-speed astro package
      > > $414 ZenithStar 66 Petzval 2-speed terra package
      > > $348 ZenithStar 66 Petzval 2-speed OTA
      > >
      > > I know this is a quick breakdown, but this is how my overly
      > > analytical mind can assemble it shortly so that its reasonably
      > > straight forward.
      > >
      > > Hope it helps!
      > >
      > > Timm

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic