6493Re: Megrez vs. ZenithStar Family

  • williamopticsmarketing
    Dec 29, 2005
      ZenithStar FD and Megrez FD both share the same APO optics, only
      difference is the tube.
      ZS FD is in its second and last batch (this is the famour Anniversary
      scope), preordering before the end of 2005 guarantees the promotional
      price of US$ 799.
      If there is any left in Jan. (and I am being honest, I am beginning
      to doubt it) price will be US$ 848, same as the Megrez version.

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, hypergut <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > To All:
      >
      > Having been smitten with the ZSSD 66 APO, I am looking at more
      > "refractor" APO aperture for my future, i.e., 80mm or greater.
      >
      > Can anyone clearly outline the advantages and qualities of the
      various
      > members of these two design groups, Megrez vs. ZenithStar Family,
      > e.g., is one design better for imaging versus visual use? Physical
      > properties (other than weight)? Mechanical differences? Optical
      > advantages?
      >
      > The Megrez 80mm FD is it a fluorite achromat, semi-apo or apo?
      > The other members are apochromats, correct?
      >
      > What advantage has the Megrez fluorite Triplet Apo over the Megrez
      > 80mm IIED Apo? What advantage has any 80mm Megrez design over the
      new
      > 80mm ZenithStar 80mm fluorite doublet (the so-called red temptress).
      > Is the 80mm ZSFD an apo?
      >
      > Unrelated to my past or future purchases, but maybe helpful to
      others,
      > why would someone choose the ZS66 Petzval Semi-Apo ED or the ZS66
      > Triplet ED-Apo versions over the ZSSD 66 Apo?
      >
      > Curious Minds Want to Know!
      >
      > Robert in Hershey
      >
      > P.S. as you can see, I now own cadioptrics, refractors and a big
      newt:
      > 18" f4.5 Obsession, Galaxy/AN (with ZSSD 66mm Apo superfinder)
      > 8" f10 Meade LX90 SCT
      > 5" f10 Intes-Micro Mak-Cas
      > 4.7" f6 Orion Astroview 120ST Achro

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic