411Re: GT-ONE tracking tests

  • Whodat
    Feb 1, 2001
      I recieved my mount tonight. WOW is all I can say. Setup was fast but
      I am currently drilling so that I can mount my scope on it and
      hopefully by tommorrow night I can give a report of tracking. I am
      also putting it on a permanent pier. I hope to have that done by
      tommorrow night too. later.

      --- In William-Optics@y..., "Ron Wodaski" <ronw@n...> wrote:
      > Test setup: Takahashi FSQ-106 at 530mm, ST-8E camera.
      >
      > This is my "first order" test setup -- if a mount passes (and I
      consider
      > having <10 arc seconds PE uncorrected, and no jerkiness, to be a
      passing
      > score), then I will test it with a longer focal length instrument.
      It's more
      > work to do the longer focal length tests, and especially when I had
      only a
      > few hours of half-clear weather, I wanted the fastest possible
      setup so I
      > didn't miss the opportunity.
      >
      > A C-11 would be a great scope on this mount; I look forward to your
      reports.

      > Ron Wodaski
      > The New CCD Astronomy
      > http://www.newastro.com