      From: evang@... [mailto:evang@...]
      Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 11:57 AM
      To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [William-Optics] Re: GT-ONE tracking tests

      Rod:

      I am one of the five to receive the mount - mine is still with
      Anacortes. They are holding onto it so William can make the cold
      weather alteration when he arrives tomorrow.

      (I will be shooting CCD (MX-916). My setup will be @1760mm (a C-11
      with a 6.3 focal reducer). I will be using the Star 2000 to track.)

      Could you precisely describe your setup for your tests?

      OTA
      focal length of setup etc.

      Thanks

      In William-Optics@y..., "Ron Wodaski" <ronw@n...> wrote:
      > I had a few hours of not quite clear skies last night, but I was
      able to
      > image with the CCD camera through the fog. I mis-aligned the GT-ONE
      from the
      > pole in order to get a picture of how well it tracks. One is looking
      for a
      > nearly straight curve that shows smooth periodic error. Although
      only the
      > size of periodic error is frequently quoted in mount specs, the
      speed and
      > frequency at which it varies are critically important.
      >
      > The bottom line: the GT-ONE has excellent tracking characteristics.
      Here is
      > a link to an image that shows the mount's tracking over a 6-minute
      interval.
      > I took 15 images, pointing at various places in the sky (just in
      case!), and
      > they all look just like this (253k file):
      >
      > http://www.buytelescopes.com/manufacturers/wyo/images/gt1_track.jpg
      >
      > For a cropped image showing just a couple of star trails (25k):

      http://www.buytelescopes.com/manufacturers/wyo/images/gt1_track_crop.j
      pg

      > For a rotated image showing the star trails horizontal (10k):

      http://www.buytelescopes.com/manufacturers/wyo/images/gt1_track_rotate
      .jpg