3142Re: Edge performance of the WO 80mm Fluorite

  • kurt_friedrich
    Dec 2, 2004
      I checked Astromart to see if any sold there in the last 2 years.
      There were 4. THREE of them said they had never taken it out of the
      box! I guess its possible that some clever salesperson talked them
      into these as "required accessories"? I sent mail to the the one
      that didn't say it had never been use, and asked for their opinion
      about it.

      Kurt

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Rola" <jose.rola@c...>
      wrote:
      > UAU, great finding Kurt!!!
      >
      > Thanks, now let's try to find Daniel!
      >
      > Clear skies
      > Jose Rola

      Fluorite

      > > dah .... (on me) should have searched the old messages; there is
      > > already a good report on the TV flattener, see:

      > > I would love to get an update from Daniel Johnson?
      > >
      > > Kurt
      > >
      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "kurt_friedrich"
      > > <kurt_friedrich@y...> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> I notice at this web site:
      > >>
      > >> http://www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page.aspx?

      f=on&theLang=001lngdef&pointerID=59024xfaiqRDY8AedOGEYs7CF5zA1pHa

      > >> where they offer the Televue TRF 2008 Reducer/Flattener with
      these
      > >> words:
      > >>
      > >> "Model TRF-2008 0.8X Reducer/Flattener converts TV-85 to 480mm
      > > f/5.6
      > >> and Pronto to 380mm f/5.4 for flat field, fast photography.
      Fully
      > >> multi-coated 3-element unit inserts directly into 2" focuser,
      > >> accepts standard T-rings for 35mm cameras. Also it can be used
      > > with
      > >> any 400-600mm refractor including TMB, Williams Optics and
      Orion
      > > US."
      > >>
      > >> that looks pretty promising, anybody tried this?
      > >> Kurt
      > >>

      > >> --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "kurt_friedrich"

      > >> was
      > >> moon