2864Re: Evaluating my "new" Megrez

  • no_names_remain99
    Oct 1, 2004
      Gordon-

      Check the previous posts I made regarding star tests with my Megrez
      II. Another gentleman and others have discussed their star test
      images. There have been issues with test images, some worse then
      others. I recieved one of the "lucky" ones and have had to send mine
      back in August and I await lens replacement.

      -Chris

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "gordogower2000" <ggower@t...>
      wrote:
      > I spent some time doing some casual star gazing tonight with
      my "new"
      > Megrez with its brand new WO diagonal.
      >
      > I find that star images inside of focus have a decent set of rings,
      > but outside of focus, star images are just blobs of light. Can
      > someone tell me what that means?
      >
      > I should add that a former owner has placed a tinfoil spacer
      between
      > the lens elements apparently to relieve some astigmatism (so I was
      > told by the prev. owner,and I can see the tinfoil).
      >
      > I am not a star test expert. Can someone advise?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Gordon Gower
      > Tucson
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic