2681Megrez 80 Focusser dismantle/Finder attachment screw

  • Roger
    Aug 1, 2004
      G'day all,

      As I commented last week, a screw (probabbly from the finder
      attachment point) has gone inside the focusser tube of my Megrez 80.

      It occured to me that possibly from there it could rattle into the
      main tube and hit one of the lenses - not a good thing. I'm not sure
      if this is possible or not, but this has made me more eager to
      remove the loose screw.

      Does anyone know if it's easy to take the focusser tube out so I can
      remove the screw? And how this might be done? And if this would ruin
      the alignment of the scope or anything like that.

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Roger" <rog1@i...> wrote:
      > Harry, that's a good question - I hadn't realised there was an
      > attachment point for a finder (although that's really interesting -

      > makes me wonder if a spare finder I have around would fit on my
      > megrez now! :-) ), but it could well be.. that would explain why
      > there on top of the tube, by it's self. Not attaching to anything
      > internal.
      > Roger.
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Lewin" <hml48@o...>
      > > Roger,
      > >
      > > Was the screw the cover for the finder attachment point?
      > >
      > > Harry
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic