      From: WILLIAM-OPTICS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WILLIAM-OPTICS@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ivor.lawrence@...
      Sent: 26 February 2014 13:54
      To: WILLIAM-OPTICS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [William Optics] RE: FLT 110, P-Flat IV, SBIG 8300c

      Hi,

      Yes you definitely need to add a spacer. WO have made the whole setup very confusing which is a shame as it is a great product; it took me quite a while to get my head around it.

      Your goal is to get the chip 73.5mm away from FF lens and you have to kind out calculate the spacer back to front as the scale is 66 -,86mm.

      By setting the FF to 66 (you went the wrong way) you have made a delta change of -7.5mm, the ST8300C has a back focus of 17.5mm

      therefore you need to a spacer close to [73.5 - (7.5 +17.5)] = 48.5mm. This is not way I'd recommend as you want the FF to be in the middle of the range to allow for minor adjustments either way.

      I found it easier to approach the problem from a different viewpoint , to keep the FF at 73.5 I need the chip to be 55mm away from the FF collar so you need a spacer of (55-17.5) = 37.5mm. As with mine I couldn't get a perfect spacer so I then made a minor adjust on the FF to compensate.

      Hope that helps.

      Ivor

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic