22545RE: [William Optics] FLT 110, P-Flat IV, SBIG 8300c

  • John Robert Adamson
    Feb 18, 2014

      Hi Andrew

      Unfortunately the answer is yes the distance is critical. I bought a Flattener IV  for my FLT 123 and it is the one that  has adjustable settings for the back focus from 66mm to 86mm. It was a matter of trial and error adjusting the setting until I got a fully flat field in the image.

      You need to get the back focus distance for your set up and then put in the a relevant rings to set the distance.

      Have a look at this

      http://www.williamoptics.com/support/download/P-FLAT68-A-dimension.PDF

      Robert