22532RE: Looking for a SCT to 2" adapter for my 66 ED

  • norman_tajudin
    Jan 11, 2014

      Dan, unfortunately most SCT to 2" adapters have a wider barrel than the SCT thread portion.  The assumption of these designs is that the base of the adapter will bottom out before the visual back threads do, locking the adapter in place.  I have a ton of adapter that I have tried (Baader, Celestron, Meade, Lumicon, etc.) and all will thread past the threads on the 66 SD's focus tube.  I need an adapter that has a thread stop that would solve this.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic