22517RE: BARLOW AND REDUCER FOR WOGTF 81

  • sberrada_99
    Dec 27, 2013

      Hi,

      I am still trying to find a reducer for the GTF81 which already has a flat field (5 elements).

      The reducer can not also be a flattener since, the field is already flat.

      I did find 2 reducers that are not flatteners:

      ORION88940.8X
      OPTECOP-174090.7X

      Has anyone tried these with a flat field corrected refractor such as this?

      Does anyone have any other reducers to suggest for this scope

      Thanks

      Sam

      ---In WILLIAM-OPTICS@{{emailDomain}}, <t.bottoni@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I don't think anything exists at the moment, and with the built in flattener, I think you would have to remove it first or you would have conflicts with other attachments.  I don't think anyone has a product that is designed to work after a built in flattener.

      Sorry I don't have a better answer,

      Timm

      ---In WILLIAM-OPTICS@yahoogroups.com, <sberrada99@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I have a WO GTF81 and wonder if there are reducers and barlows that are suitable for good quality imaging. I emphasize 'imaging' because visual barlows would likely not work well enough.

      A reducer of 0.7x and a barlow of 1.5x would give this instrument great range.

      If this not exist,I wonder if Mr William can consider developing such components.

      Thanks

      Sam

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic