22510RE: Some flexure perhaps?

  • drollain
    Dec 18, 2013
      I had the same issue with an 81GTF on my first light with that scope and a QHY12 OSC... had eggy stars in a 5 min exposures with tracking dead on...  ended up reducing my exposure to just a few seconds to check, and noticed they were still eggy...   I ended up using a straightening ring that came with the camera and that took care of it...  2nd time I had the scope and camera out I did it again without the ring,  but made sure everything was in good,  and tight.  I had no issues the 2nd time.  I chalked it up to the camera adapter not being tight enough the first time.  (rookie mistake for me)
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic