22173Re: Mounting WO 22x70 binoculars

  • Paul
    Nov 5, 2012
      A full gimbal mount might be close to what you are looking for.  A lot of bird photographers use equipment designed to allow the lens to move in all directions for tracking birds as they move in all directions.  I use a mounting system designed and sold by Really Right Stuff.  here is a link to one of their gimbal setups: http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=PG-02-LLR&type=4&eq=&desc=PG-02-LLR%3a-Pano-Gimbal-Head-with-LLR&key=it

      They have all sorts of high quality, machined pieces that can be put together to do most anything.  Drop them a line and they might have some suggestions.

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Subs <subs@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I'm looking for ways to mount these on a tripod so they
      > are stable even when aimed near the zenith.
      >
      > There are fork mounts commercially available but they are
      > expensive and may not be designed with these in mind.
      >
      > Has anyone found or designed a practical (hopefully inexpensive) solution?
      >
      > I have a tripod which can definitely bear the weight but is designed to
      > carry a 'vertical' loading.
      >
      > David K
      > Melbourne.au

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic