22034[William Optics] How to mate an SBIG STM-11000?

  • christian_hennes@agilent.com
    Apr 12, 2012

      Hello WO folks,

      Is there anyone who uses an SBIG STM-11000 on a WO scope? I am an happy user of an FLT 132 + AFR IV reducer and Canon 40D. I would like to shift gear and make full frame images. However, the SBIG support team warned me about the AFR IV T-thread size:

      “We have a T-thread adaptor used on the AO-8 that will connect to a ST-L camera. However, the T-thread is a smaller diameter than the 2" aperture for the camera sensor so this adaptor will vignette the corners of the image and also partially block the tracking CCD so is not recommended.”

      So, I am looking for a solution. A flattener is a must, without it, there a good amount of vignetting already on an APN format.

      Thanks for sharing your experience,

      Have nice dark skies,

      Christian

      Christian Hennes

      Lyon, France

      Lat: 45° 46’ 47” Nord, Long: 4° 49’ 27” East

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic