21611Re: SV: [William Optics] NEW 151 F5.2 APO Link to amazing picture

  • Timm B
    Mar 14, 2011
      William hasn't posted official specifications yet, but I believe it is a special 5 element design. My guess is that it incorporates a built in flattener/reducer of sorts, which allows it to operate at F/5.2 and produces such a nice image without the field curvature inherent in standard refractor designs.

      Timm

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <michaelgossage@...> wrote:

      > maybe it would benefit from a small sub-aperture mask?
      >
      > 150mm is quite a lot of glass for f5.2.
      >
      > I would love to get hold of one of these beauties....someday maybe...someday!
      >
      > Keep them coming though guys...if I ever win on the lottery I'll come and pick it up in person!
      >
      > Best wishes and clear skies
      >
      > Michael

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic