19985Re: [William Optics] FLT132 drawtube

  • Yoshio Kitajima
    Jun 2, 2009
      Hi Mitch,

      I have the FLT132 and the flattener.
      I am the same situation, too.
      I use FLI's ML11002M and Filter Wheels.
      They are not light.
      So I order metalwork person to install two metal rings
      to fix the drawtube.
      I perform focus adjustment in FLI DF-2.
      So I can not use eyepiece only CCD-camera.

      You can see oneside metal ring.
      There is already one on the tip of the draw tube.
      Sorry my english is poor.

      > Hi,
      > Just playing around with a used FLT132 that I have recently purchased. There seems to be a lot of play in the drawtube, so much so that it is putting out the collimation. The play is "up & down", not "in & out". With a CCD and extension tube, the weight is pulling the drawtube down (i.e. at right angles to the scopes long axis).
      > That cant be right, can it? Anybody have any experience of this, adjustments possible, etc?
      > Regards,
      > Mitch
      Yoshio Kitajima
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic