19460Re: [William Optics] Re: Focuser Sag

  • Rod Mckay
    Mar 3, 2009
      Thinking about this one further, have you ruled out movement within the Vixen scope optic train?

      Mirror movement is common with SCTs, so could it be that the primary or secondary mirrors in the Newt is moving slightly during the imaging session?

      My reasoning (as pointed out by others) is that you'd be pretty lucky to have 2 WO scopes that have matching sag, and the common element in your sag problem is the Vixen Newt => I'd suggest it's a possible cause.

      Cheers
      Rod