19329Re: [William Optics] First Light with New FLT 110 Lite

  • Tom Arrington
    Feb 3, 2009
      Frans,

      It doesn't look like the cooled 40D has been modified in any way that
      should affect the focus. I don't know the W/O 98mm triplet; I do
      know my W/O 80mm Fluorite Doublet would not reach focus without an
      extension tube that was provided with the scope. I would have to add
      the extension tube and then the photo adapter to reach focus at the
      native f6.9. With the W/O FF II the extension tube is not needed.
      With the new FLT 110mm I don't need the extension tube at all.

      Good luck with your set up.

      Tom

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Frans Lalleman <dlalleman@...>
      wrote:

      > check this out,I ordered one and it will be ready at the end of
      february

      > http://www.robtics.nl/product_info.php?
      products_id=1234&pID=1234&language=en

      > cya
      >
      > Frans Lalleman
      >
      > dlalleman@...
      >

      > To: william-optics@yahoogroups.com
      > From: daniel.fafard@...
      > Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 09:05:40 -0500
      > Subject: RE: [William Optics] First Light with New FLT 110 Lite

      > Frans,
      >

      > Cooled Canon EOS 40DA?...You mean modify or I missed something?
      >

      > Thanks!
      >
      > Daniel Fafard
      > Saint-Charles Borromée, Québec, Canada
      > Lat: 46º 2' 50' Nord
      > Long: 73º 28' 35'' Ouest
      >
      > "Découvrez la beauté du ciel"
      >
      > Sites Web: http://www.astronomeamateur.ca
      > http://www.notrejardin.ca
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreamdan

      > To: william-optics@yahoogroups.com
      > From: dlalleman@...
      > Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:52:49 +0000
      > Subject: RE: [William Optics] First Light with New FLT 110 Lite
      >

      > Graz with this result Tom,
      > Very nice ,I must admit that it isn't so obvious that the stars are
      elongated to the corners.
      > A FF wil improve the picture but to what extend I am not sure.
      > Myself just ordered a FF IV from WO to connect to my new FLT 98
      (cant get focus now with Cooled Canon Eos 40DA)

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic