19325RE: [William Optics] First Light with New FLT 110 Lite

  • Daniel Fafard
    Feb 2, 2009
      Frans,

      Cooled Canon EOS 40DA?...You mean modify or I missed something?

      Thanks!

      Daniel Fafard
      Saint-Charles Borromée, Québec, Canada
      Lat: 46º 2' 50' Nord
      Long: 73º 28' 35'' Ouest

      "Découvrez la beauté du ciel"

      Sites Web: http://www.astronomeamateur.ca
                       http://www.notrejardin.ca
                       http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreamdan

      To: william-optics@yahoogroups.com
      From: dlalleman@...
      Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:52:49 +0000
      Subject: RE: [William Optics] First Light with New FLT 110 Lite

      Graz with this result Tom,
      Very nice ,I must admit that it isn't so obvious that the stars are elongated to the corners.
      A FF wil improve the picture but to what extend I am not sure.
      Myself just ordered a FF IV from WO to connect to my new FLT 98 (cant get focus now with Cooled Canon Eos 40DA)
      I am quite new to the digital revolution so probably will ask for advice many times.
      cya

      Frans Lalleman
      dlalleman@hotmail. com

      To: William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com
      From: notgnirra@mchsi. com
      Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:14:35 +0000

      Last night I was able to achieve first light with my new telescope, a
      William Optics FLT 110. Mine is the new "Lite" version with the new
      2.5" focuser, everything else is the same with the standard FLT
      110's. Visual tests were encouraging, no false color and the star
      rings looked good in and out of focus. Physically, this is a much
      bigger scope than my W/O 80mm doublet! 30mm adds a lot of size and
      bulk. It sure looks cool on the mount.

      I was able to capture 3 new photos. 2 of the 3 are shown here. I've
      more work to do on the third.

      First is a shot of the Cone Nebula and Christmas Tree Cluster. 16
      exposures of 6 minutes each. Combined and dark subtracted in Deep
      Sky Stacker. Post processed in PixInsight LE and PhotoShop CS3. You
      can see the photo here.

      http://tinyurl. com/ccnxto

      or

      http://www.pbase. com/image/ 108757483

      The second photo is of M44, the Bee Hive cluster. I shot this mainly
      as a test of how flat the field is on my Canon camera. This on is
      only 30 minutes of total exposure, 5 x 6 minutes. This is a full
      size image without cropping. You can see some elongation of the
      stars in the corners. I will need to get a field flattener someday.
      I don't often photograph open clusters. I do like this shot, so
      maybe more of these in the future. You can see the photo here:

      http://tinyurl. com/cvulhl

      or

      http://www.pbase. com/tom_arringto n/image/10875679 5

      As always, comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

      Tom

      Meer dan chatten alleen. Check nu de nieuwe Windows Live

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic